This dower house was built in 1856/57 for Lady Elizabeth Love
Jones Parry of the Madryn Estate. The structure is a superb
Victorian Gothic mansion and listed Grade II* by CADW.
Plas Glyn-y-Weddw has long been associated with art as it was
purpose built to house the widow’s own art collection. With its
magnificent Jacobean staircase, hammer beam roof and 10 airy
gallery spaces, it rightly bears the name Gallery in the Vale of
the Widow. Indeed Lady Love Jones Parry’s ghost is occasionally
seen walking the upper landings.
Plas Glyn-y-Weddw is now host to various exhibitions, a tea
room, shop and there is also self catering accommodation
For more information, please
visit our website...
View Larger Map
Note: Map shows postcode not exact